Wednesday 6 July 2011

Oliver's Winter Coat


This winter I decided that my favourite most handsome man needed a classic pea coat that was equally stylish as it is warm. With a good quality wool blend and the childrens' coat pattern 142 from the February 2010 Burda magazine I think that I've successfully achieved my objective. The pattern was alot easier than I had initially assumed and I finally worked out how to use the one-step buttonhole function on my sewing machine instead of doing them manually so that was a huge victory!!



As you can see, the back yoke doesn't sit completely flat which is due to the sizing. I made it about 1.5 sizes too big so that Ollie can get at least 2 winters use out of it. With all the time that goes into making a garment it would be a shame if he grew out of it too fast.

Clockwise from top left: Ralph Lauren, Balmain, Chace Crawford, Burberry Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment